February 8, 2007

A Conversation with Mommy Dearest

(ring, ring)

Me: Hey. What's up?

Mum: I got a phone interview tomorrow. I'll call you after to let you know how it went.

Me: Sweet that's awesome, cause you need to get out of customer service.

Mum: Yeah, I do and you know what else I'm going to be doing?

Me: What's that?

Mum: Well, I'm going to be transporting stuff into Mexico for people up here.

Me: What? What kind of stuff?

Mum: Drugs... Ha. Ha. Just kidding! It would be like stuff people here want to send to their family's down there. Like computers and stuff.

Me: Why? Would you be driving?

Mum: Because I can make money. And when people up here try to send stuff to Mexico it gets stolen. No, I would be flying.

Me: Stolen by who?

Mum: By the postal workers and stuff, or people get raided when they're transporting it.

Me: I don't think that's a good idea. What if you get kidnapped?

Mum: I won't get kidnapped. I have friends who tell me where to go and where not to go.

Me: I'm just saying what if you're down there and you start getting comfortable and you turn around and bam. You're stolen. And then they call us asking for Ransom, and we all know, we ain't got that kinda cash.

Mum: Well, you could sell that new T.V. I bought.

Me: But, what if they're stolen goods. I mean how do you know it's not stolen stuff? Or what if that computer is stuffed with drugs or money or something and you get stopped at the airport and you go to jail. You wouldn't like jail.

Mum: Oh, Stop freaking out.

Me: Why can't you just be...

Mum: What, normal?

Me: Well, yeah.

Mum: You're not normal.

Me: What!? Yes I am. I'm more normal than you.

Mum: Yes, but you're the least normal of all my children.

Me: Well that's true. Look would you just be careful? Can you bring mace or something with you?

Mum: Yeah, I can do that. I could also take some Martial Arts classes.

Me: Just bring some mace but you can't carry it on you have to check it.

Mum: Okay. I'll call you tomorrow after my interview.

Me: K. Love you, bye

Mum: Love you too. Bye.

1 comment:

rachel said...

That's actually a growing industry. There was actually a huge incident recently where thousands of pieces of mail got stolen from a Mexican postal center. There are small companies growing in the city that will ship things down to MX.

Kind of crazy. I would definatley be careful though...