April 11, 2007

So I spent Saturday with my mom and we had a conversation.

She told me that there was a intersting development with one of her online friends. His name is Tamer, or at least that's how she pronounces it. She has been chatting wth him for about a year and they also talk on the phone. Here is the discussion as I remember it.

Mom- So Tamer asked me to marry him.

Me- Oh Yeah? What did you say?

Mom- I said he would have to ask my kids first.

Me- Ha! Nice. So, wait, who is he?

Mom- I met him online we've been talking for about a year with the web cam and on the phone and stuff.

Me- How did you guys meet?

Mom- Well, I was in a Spanish chat room just watching the conversation to try to learn and he came in as a women and asked if I would have sex with him.

Me- What did you say?

Mom- Well, I of course was like "What? A woman just asked if I wanted to have sex with her?!" So I said no and then he said that he was really a man and so we just started talking. And he also apologized for asking because he's not really supposed to do that anyway because it's against his religion.

Me- What religion is he?

Mom- He's Muslim.

Me- So where is he from?

Mom- He's from Egypt. He lives there now. He's 24 and really cute. Here look at his picture.

Me- You do realize he's a year younger than me right?

Mom- Yeah, I know that. We just get along so well. He really seems older.

Me- Hey, remember when you're still married?

Mom- I know, he just wants his papers anyway. He'd probably leave after 10 Years.

Me- Doesn't he want to have kids and stuff?

Mom- Yeah, that's the other thing because we talked about that and he said that he would want another wife to have kids with and I told him that would not be okay with me and he would have to wait until I was dead.

Me- Well that's probably not a bad deal cuz if you live til you're like 82 then he would still only be like 54 and he could marry again and shoot out a few.

Mom- It's just nice to talk to him. He's won't let me hang up until he says "Take care of yourself. Watch what you eat and I love you." He's also said he wants to take care of me and my children. He likes it when I tell him that I am spending time with you guys.

Me- Well, that's sweet.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Brother!!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, but he did say he would take care of us too. I wonder if that means I can quit my job?